The Visitors Center Mission:
About The Visitors Center:
- The Visitors Center actively markets the uniqueness and advantages of the Columbus/Bartholomew County community while engaging and educating visitors, overnights guests, and residents.
- The Columbus Area Visitors Center is located at 506 Fifth Street in the former home of John V. Storey. The home was built in the early 1860s, renovated in 1973 and renovated and expanded in 1995 to its current status.
- The Visitors Center includes displays about Columbus architecture, a gift shop, the Yellow Neon Chandelier and Persians by world famous glass artist Dale Chihuly and serves as the starting point for city tours, which feature great architecture, public art, gardens, and landscaping.
For Columbus Visitors Center Hours of Operation, GO HERE >
- Lynn Lucas, Executive Director
- Jim Dietz, Director of Sports Tourism
- Don Nissen, Director of Information Management
- Becky Harper, Director of Sales and Hospitality
- Erin Hawkins, Marketing Director
- Robin Gray, Executive Assistant
- Joyce Orwin, Volunteer and Tour Coordinator
- Susan Whittaker, First Floor Manager
- Wendy Elwood, Financial Coordinator
- Pat Bridgetts, First Floor staff
- Judie Lahr, First Floor staff
- Barb Diekoff, First Floor staff
- Sonya Greathouse, First Floor staff
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
(*) Executive Committee
- Justin Booth
- Chad Cockerham
- Kim Declue, President *
- Al Degner, Vice President *
- Spencer Dell
- Charlie Farber
- Jill Forster
- Cindy Frey
- Denise Glesing
- Jason Hester
- Lynne Hyatt
- Jenny Kim
- Tony Moravec *
- Amit Patel *
- Beth Booth Poor *
- Pica Saddler
- Lisa Shafran
- Karen Shrode *
- David Simmons
- Brenda Vogel
- Cindy Waddle *
- Ben Wagner *
Spot an error on our web site?
Want to tell us about a mistake?
We would appreciate hearing from you.
Please send an email to email@example.com